Making the Moment is an established, high quality creative photography company. We are looking to hire a one additional contract photographer to help fill in dates when our full-time salary staff is completely booked up. For many reasons, our company is growing fast, and we desire to have a few additional highly talented and experienced photographers on hand to allow us to serve more of the amazing brides and grooms we’re lucky to work with!
Our Brides & Grooms
Any Making the Moment photographer will tell you that the brides and grooms you’ll be able to work with through us are the very best. We’re incredibly fortunate to have the absolute BEST clients – brides and grooms that love good photography, and are all about the art we create on their wedding day. Because of this, we can only have the best of the best photographers on staff! We desire to keep a small staff- chock full of the very best photogs!
Making the Moment is known for our innovative and creative style. Your style will need to be complimentary to ours – a modern and groundbreaking mix of photojournalism, creative candids, and non-traditional creative set-up shots.
Because Making the Moment Photography serves clients all over our nation, you’re welcome to apply if you’re not in the Cleveland area. A majority of our weddings are in the greater Cleveland area, as well as Toledo & Columbus Ohio, so applicants based nearby these major metropolitan areas are highly encouraged to apply – but you’re welcome to apply if you’re from anywhere in the country!
If the full-time photography position is something you are interested in, you will be required to work at our offices with a regular schedule – so living in the Cleveland area would be more important.
We are looking for both male and female photographers, that have a strong portfolio and great communicative skills. This is a contract / freelance position (with potential for a full-time position for certain applicants). Contract position means that we pay per wedding. Pay is by the wedding (not the hour) – and we offer a set rate for you. This rate will be negotiated after you are offered a job, not prior to or during the application process – but we pay fair and well. You are 100% free to have other commitments – your own studio, another gig – anything that suits you!
Our relationship with you will be more something of a wedding booking agent. We will be in charge of booking weddings and selling your work. We do all the contract work, client communication, and delivery of products. If we choose to hire you – the following Job responsibilities are required.
- Keep an online calendar that highlights your available dates for weddings. (this is how we ensure we don’t’ book you on a weekend you have a personal event – or even another wedding you are personally shooting) (don’t worry – we can help you set this up if you don’t know how)
- Submit printable portfolio samples of your work – a minimum of 100 high quality, 300 DPI images are required. We will need these to sell your individual work. (you are NOT lumped in to our portfolio – we book you separately).
- If we book a wedding for you – you will be required to attend at least one physical / phone meeting with the bride and groom one month prior to the wedding to get to know them a bit, and to help them plan out their wedding day. We will never ask you to just “show up” at a wedding – we believe in prepared photographers that a bride and groom are comfortable with.
- Shoot an entire wedding and reception day – beginning from the time the Bride is preparing for the wedding day.
- Touch-up and edit photos creatively and qualitatively for delivery to us. We will deliver photos to the bride and groom based on packages they choose. We give you a reasonable set amount of time after a wedding to turn around photos to us.
- Travel – we won’t ask you to travel too far – and we do pay very well for travel weddings. We’re not talking out of state or country – but weddings may be up to an hour or two from where you live. As stated – we do pay for your expenses – but you MUST have reliable transportation.
- You must be an established highly creative and personable wedding professional – this is NOT a position for novice photographers
- You are a responsible person – ready to take on as many weddings as you can
- You have your own SLR digital camera and gear, with back-up equipment
- You have a quality portfolio that you’re comfy sharing
- You’re a good & consistent communicator – our brides and groom need people who can communicate well
- You are kind, well-likeable, and have a professional demeanor
- You are easy to get ahold of – via either phone or email
- You have a minimum of 100 high quality images that you are comfy having us share for brides and grooms
How to Apply
To apply – all you need to do is shoot an email to us using the contact form below. If we like what we see and read – we’ll contact you – simple as that. If you have a physical portfolio you’d like to share – excellent – you can share it then.
Please – due to the volume of applicants we expect to receive we cannot respond to every single one. If we don’t respond to you – please understand we appreciate your application – but are not interested at this time.
If you have any questions – we’d love to answer… we’re anxious to hear from you!