The last few weeks have been full of exciting things happening for myself and Making the Moment – but this latest happening is a nice landmark for us as a wedding photography company. Over the weekend Making the Moment was accepted into the PPA (Professional Photographers of America). Other than allowing me to display their nifty little badge on our website, it provides a ton of opportunities for myself and our photographers.
Out of the many photography organizations that exist, the PPA is probably the most well-known and respected professional photographic community that exists. Perhaps the thing I’m most excited about – is that this gives us the oppurtunity to continually improve ourselves as photographers. If you know me – I’m a bit obsessed with keeping on the cutting edge of photography. I never want to be left behind on the trends of what’s happening today in photography.
Through the PPA, some exciting things are about to happen for Making the Moment. Here’s a small list.
- It’s official – I’ll now be pursing my Masters of Photography degree through the PPA!
- Making the Moment will now have the opportunity to give back – assisting in charitable and philanthropic efforts.
- Tons of educational and communal resources for our photographers – this way we always stay up to date with current trends in modern artistic wedding photography.
- As a business owner, it will be nice to have access to all the business resources – group discounts, business research articles, business tips, etc.
- Any of our photographers now have the ability to be declared “certified professional photographers” – which involves portfolio reviews, a series of tests and accreditation.
Of course, there are a great amount of things that this means… but I’m so proud that we’re now part of such a great organization.